Adventist HealthCare Imaging recently began offering SPECT/CT, a new state-of-the-art, advanced imaging scan. SPECT/CT allows better diagnosis of medical conditions such as thyroid cancer, parathyroid tumors, fractures, infections and some brain disorders. Currently, Adventist HealthCare Imaging has the only SPECT/CT machine in Montgomery County, Maryland.
How it Works
- SPECT/CT combines images from two types of scans — nuclear medicine and computed tomography (CT) — to form color images from multiple views. This type of scan produces higher-quality images that may reduce the need for additional imaging studies.
- IMAGES show pictures of organs or specific areas and can indicate how the surrounding area is functioning.
- PHYSICIANS can more accurately identify an abnormality and pinpoint its location.
Spring 2017 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Getting Fresh with Spring Produce
- Heart Monitor Saves a Young Mom's Life
- Advanced Imaging Technology Close to Home
- Don't Wait for Joint Surgery
- Put Spring In Your Step with Regular Walks
- Stretch It Out After Exercise
- Understanding Diabetes
- Teenagers and Mental Illness: Knowing the Signs and How to Act
- Gift in Appreciation for Daughter's Compassionate Care