Adventist Home Health Receives National Quality Award
For the fifth year in a row, the Home Health division of Adventist HealthCare Home Care Services has been named a Top Agency by HomeCare Elite. This national quality award is presented to the top 25 percent of Medicare-certified agencies in the United States.
“It is an honor to receive this recognition based on the quality care and great experience we provide to our patients,” said Keith Ballenger, vice president of Adventist HealthCare Home Care Services.
Adventist HealthCare Home Care Services provides in-home care to the community. Learn more about the services offered in the comfort of home.
Making Homes Healing Places
Adventist HealthCare has expanded its partnership with a local nonprofit organization, Rebuilding Together Montgomery County, to launch a program that provides free home modifications and repairs for low-income patients.
Through the program, Adventist HealthCare Washington Adventist Hospital will identify patients who need home modifications, such as wheelchair ramps, but cannot afford them. Adventist HealthCare will provide $25,000 to support the modifications in approximately 12 patients’ homes through Rebuilding Together.
Earlier this year, Hennie Brown Jr., 84, of Silver Spring, Maryland, was able to join his wife, Matilda, upstairs in their three-story home for the first time in a year thanks to a wheelchair lift installed through this program. Hennie became wheelchair-bound about a year ago due to cancer and spinal stenosis.
Golf Tournaments Support Community Health Services
Mark your calendar for Adventist HealthCare’s two golf tournaments in 2017. Both events raise funds to support health services in the local community.
- Washington Adventist Hospital tournament, Monday, May 22, at The Country Club at Woodmore in Bowie, Maryland
- Shady Grove Campus tournament, Monday, June 26, at Whiskey Creek Golf Club in Ijamsville, Maryland
Spring 2017 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Getting Fresh with Spring Produce
- Heart Monitor Saves a Young Mom's Life
- Advanced Imaging Technology Close to Home
- Don't Wait for Joint Surgery
- Put Spring In Your Step with Regular Walks
- Stretch It Out After Exercise
- Understanding Diabetes
- Teenagers and Mental Illness: Knowing the Signs and How to Act
- Gift in Appreciation for Daughter's Compassionate Care