It’s been four years since former Washington Adventist Hospital cardiac patient Chris Barritt tackled heart surgery and braved a cross-country motorcycle adventure a few months later. The milestones didn’t end there. Last summer, Chris completed his very first Sprint Triathlon; a 400 meter swim, 14 mile bike ride, and 5K run. And in the past two months, he completed two more! In his most recent competition, the Hagerstown Sprint Triathlon on July 12, Chris finished fifth out of seven in the men’s 60-64 age group. Way to go Chris!
“I know my life here isn’t forever, so I want to stay as healthy and as active as I can,” said Chris. “I feel I have a responsibility to my family to take care of my heart and keep it in good shape.”
No matter what your motivation is for living life to the fullest, Adventist HealthCare wants to help make sure your heart is up to the task.
By taking 5 minutes today to complete our FREE, online heart risk assessment, you will:
• Be entered to win a 2015 mountain bike from Performance Bicycle
• Find out your heart age and risk for heart disease
• Receive a personalized guide to improve your heart health
Help us start a heart healthy movement!
• Send the heart quiz to a loved one
• Share how you’re making every beat count by tweeting your message to @AdventistHC using the hashtag #EveryBeatCounts