A new hospital and healthcare campus is rising in the White Oak area of Montgomery County, near the Prince George’s County border.
This new facility, scheduled to open in May 2019, will offer the high-quality and compassionate care you’ve come to know from Washington Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park in a new location, off Route 29 and Cherry Hill Road. The campus sits on 48 acres near the U.S. Food and Drug Administration headquarters, which partners with the hospital on health research. It’s also located at the center of the emerging White Oak Science Gateway, a planned life sciences community bringing together medical researchers, businesses and retailers in eastern Montgomery County.
Construction of the exterior of the hospital will be complete by late fall, and work will begin on a medical office building before the end of the year.
Continuing Our Mission and Legacy in Takoma Park
Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center has served our community for more than a century. It is our privilege to continue with our healthcare services like urgent and primary care in Takoma Park, following our move of inpatient care to White Oak.
Help us build a new future for healthcare for our community. Donate online today in support of our capital campaign by calling 301-891-6920.
Features of the New Hospital on Plum Orchard Drive
- 170 all-private inpatient rooms
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Key services such as emergency, cardiac, cancer, maternity, medical and surgical care
- A healing environment incorporating natural elements, such as large windows with views of the woods and pond, a green roof garden and a walking trail
- Outpatient services and on-campus physician offices
- Easy access from major roads and increased bus routes to the campus
- Ample parking, including a parking garage
Fall 2017 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Traditional Open-Heart Surgery vs Minimally Invasive
- Back to School & Back to Health
- Knee Replacement Goes High-Tech
- Expanding Care with a New White Oak Hospital
- Running Beyond Cancer
- Help for Loved Ones with Behavioral Health & Addiction Challenges
- Specialized Rehabilitation for Cancer Patients
- Silver Spring Explosion Survivor Gives Thanks