Getting sick of eating leftover turkey? Try this heart-healthy salad for a tasty way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers and lighten up your diet after the high-calorie treats we often enjoy over the holidays.
This recipe uses healthy whole grains that help you feel full and natural flavors like lime juice and ginger, instead of salt which can harm your heart if you eat too much.
Leftover Turkey Rice Salad
- 2 tablespoons rice venegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 1/2 cups cooked wild or brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, boneless, skinless cooked turkey breast
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- Leftover peas, corn or other leftover veggies
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, oil, honey and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, turkey, cranberries and green onions. Toss with ginger dressing. Refrigerate until serving.
Source: American Heart Association