Adventist HealthCare Imaging’s new weight-bearing foot and ankle CT (PedCT) scan, which is available at Adventist’s Rockville center, offers an improved way to diagnose foot and ankle injuries by providing a clearer, more precise view.
The scan creates an image of the foot or ankle while the patient stands instead of sitting or lying. This approach provides a clearer view compared with traditional X-rays and enables more precise treatment of injuries or deformities such as fractures, bunions and other bone-related issues.
The foot and ankle CT scan offers better imaging of the following conditions and/or injuries:
- Fractures of the toe, ankle and foot
- Evaluation of arthritic joints
- Evaluation of bunion deformities
- Pre- and postoperative planning and assessment
- Accuracy: Standing images offer the most accurate assessment of injuries
- Clarity: More detailed, precise 3-D images of the foot and ankle compared with traditional X-rays
- Speed: The new PedCT scans take less than 60 seconds
- Low Radiation: These new scans offer ultra-low radiation exposure
Winter 2018 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Could You Have a Hidden Heart Problem?
- Winning at Weight Loss Together
- A Better View Of Foot And Ankle Injuries
- Score A Snack Touchdown On Gameday
- Is It the Winter Doldrums or Depression?
- When a Loved One Needs Help at Home
- Sports Medicine Comes To Downtown Crown
- Getting Down To Business With Kidney Stones
- Local Journalist And Mom Of Three Says Shady Grove 'Like Family'