As a Gaithersburg native, NBC4 traffic reporter Melissa Mollet has come to rely on Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center. From bouts with the flu to visits to our pediatric emergency department, Melissa said she and her family depend on the caregivers at Shady Grove.
In July, Melissa and her husband, Jake, welcomed daughter Colette Ryan into the world at The Birth Center at Shady Grove. Colette was delivered by Anders Apgar, MD, who Melissa said “held my hand throughout my whole pregnancy” and was particularly rooting for this baby after Melissa’s public battle with infertility.
“I often say that days that are special to me, like Christmas morning, in my mind have glitter on them,” she added. “I think my delivery at Shady Grove had glitter on it.”
As a way to thank Adventist HealthCare, Melissa served as the master of ceremonies for the health system’s third annual gala Nov. 18. The 2017 event celebrated the nurses who provide world-class care for our community.
“With the nurses and staff at Shady Grove, it feels like family is caring for us,” Melissa said. “Shady Grove would surely be my first choice if somebody asked me which hospital to visit in our community.”
Winter 2018 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Could You Have a Hidden Heart Problem?
- Winning at Weight Loss Together
- A Better View Of Foot And Ankle Injuries
- Score A Snack Touchdown On Gameday
- Is It the Winter Doldrums or Depression?
- When a Loved One Needs Help at Home
- Sports Medicine Comes To Downtown Crown
- Getting Down To Business With Kidney Stones
- Local Journalist And Mom Of Three Says Shady Grove 'Like Family'