Football fans dream of the celebratory spread all year, but for those trying to eat healthy, navigating a game-day party can turn into a junk food-filled nightmare!
“Typical Super Bowl snacks like potato chips and fried chicken wings are usually high in saturated fat, sodium and calories,” said Meaghan Butler, RD, a registered outpatient dietitian at Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center. “Eating too much of this type of food can increase your risk for diabetes and heart disease.” Simple changes can turn a game-day calorie calamity into a nutritious win.
Try these winning game-day substitutions
Winter 2018 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Could You Have a Hidden Heart Problem?
- Winning at Weight Loss Together
- A Better View Of Foot And Ankle Injuries
- Score A Snack Touchdown On Gameday
- Is It the Winter Doldrums or Depression?
- When a Loved One Needs Help at Home
- Sports Medicine Comes To Downtown Crown
- Getting Down To Business With Kidney Stones
- Local Journalist And Mom Of Three Says Shady Grove 'Like Family'