Football fans dream of the celebratory spread all year, but for those trying to eat healthy, navigating a game-day party can turn into a junk food-filled nightmare!
“Typical Super Bowl snacks like potato chips and fried chicken wings are usually high in saturated fat, sodium and calories,” said Meaghan Butler, RD, a registered outpatient dietitian at Adventist HealthCare Washington Adventist Hospital. “Eating too much of this type of food can increase your risk for diabetes and heart disease.” Simple changes can turn a game-day calorie calamity into a nutritious win.
Try these winning game-day substitutions
Winter 2018 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Could You Have a Hidden Heart Problem?
- Winning at Weight Loss Together
- A Better View Of Foot And Ankle Injuries
- Score A Snack Touchdown On Gameday
- Is It the Winter Doldrums or Depression?
- When a Loved One Needs Help at Home
- Sports Medicine Comes To Downtown Crown
- Getting Down To Business With Kidney Stones
- Local Journalist And Mom Of Three Says Shady Grove 'Like Family'