Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month
To kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Adventist HealthCare honored more than 100 local breast cancer survivors with its annual survivor celebration.
The Oct. 1 event started with the 2017 Survivor Brunch, which treated guests to food and gifts. This was followed by the second annual Paint the RIO Pink event, featuring a walk around the lake at RIO Washingtonian Center.
Community members were then invited to take a free and fast breast cancer risk assessment and receive a gift bag filled with generous coupons and goodies. Local stores and restaurants offered discounts and other offers to help support early breast cancer detection. Thank you to the many stores and restaurants at Rio that supported Adventist HealthCare’s event.
Winter 2018 Issue
Table of Contents
- News Briefs
- Could You Have a Hidden Heart Problem?
- Winning at Weight Loss Together
- A Better View Of Foot And Ankle Injuries
- Score A Snack Touchdown On Gameday
- Is It the Winter Doldrums or Depression?
- When a Loved One Needs Help at Home
- Sports Medicine Comes To Downtown Crown
- Getting Down To Business With Kidney Stones
- Local Journalist And Mom Of Three Says Shady Grove 'Like Family'