Did you know that eating eight ounces of fatty fish per week can actually boost your heart health? This grilled salmon dish is the perfect way to get your heart-healthy fat!
“Salmon contains unsaturated fat and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help your heart by lowering your cholesterol and helping to prevent plaque buildup in your arteries,” said Sheila Mulhern, RD, a registered dietitian. “This light grilled salmon dish will help keep your heart healthy and your stomach feeling full without lots of extra calories!”
Grilled Salmon with Mango-Lime Cream Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed, patted dry
- 1/3 chopped, jarred or canned mango (1 Tbsp. juice preserved
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over one side of the salmon. Using your fingertips, gently press so they adhere to the fish
- Grill with the seasoned side down for five minutes. Turn over. Grill for two to three minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until serving time. Spoon over the fish.
- 168 calories
- 4.5 grams total fat
- .5 grams saturated fat
- 170 mg sodium
- 3 grams sugar
- 26 grams protein