The state-of-the-art Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center in eastern Montgomery County is the new home of the hospital services you’ve trusted for more than a century at Washington Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park.
Our comprehensive system of care, including our nationally-acclaimed heart program, is now even better positioned to meet the needs of our community in our new location. Learn all about your new community hospital:
Where is it?
- Address: 11890 Healing Way, Silver Spring, Maryland 20904
- Getting There: Behind the Target shopping center on Plum Orchard Drive, off Route 29 and Cherry Hill Road, and accessible by I-95 and the Intercounty Connector (MD 200).
- Parking: A large garage offers more than 1,000 spaces for patients, visitors and staff. Parking at the Emergency Department entrance is also available for emergency patients.
- Public Transportation: Both Metrobus and Ride On have routes to and from the hospital, with expanded routes coming in the future. A Bus Rapid Transit system along Route 29 is also planned by Montgomery County and Maryland.
What does it look like?
- Private Rooms: Patients, including those in the Emergency Department, receive care in private rooms, which reduces the risk of infection and improves the experience for patients and their families.
- Green Spaces: The new campus is situated on 48 acres in the White Oak area of Silver Spring. Patients, visitors and staff take in the natural surroundings and fresh air from outdoor courtyards, including a green roof and an outdoor dining terrace.
- Walking Trail: An outdoor walking trail provides a fitness and wellness area.
What services are offered?
- Acute-Care Service Lines: Our services include Heart & Vascular, Emergency, Cancer, Pregnancy Care & Birth, Orthopedics, and Surgery.
- Behavioral Health: Opening late 2019, our services will include both inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs.
- Outpatient Services: Opening spring 2020, there will be outpatient services and doctors’ offices in the Medical Pavilion connected to the hospital and accessible through the main hospital lobby.
- Physical Rehabilitation: With expected completion summer 2020, Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation will offer inpatient services, such as stroke and amputee care, as well as brain and spinal cord injury programs.
What about other facilities?
- The Medical Pavilion at White Oak: Additional doctors’ offices and other outpatient medical services will be located in an adjoining building, which is under construction. The Medical Pavilion will open spring 2020.
- Washington Adventist Hospital: Washington Adventist Hospital is now closed, as we have moved our high-quality care to White Oak Medical Center.
- Takoma Park Campus: Adventist HealthCare continues to serve Takoma Park and our community with 24-7 urgent care and physician offices on the site of our former hospital.